Adobe Photoshop may return various errors when using the application. The errors can be caused by a problem with the application or with the PSD file. Some common error messages such as “Photoshop scratch disk error”, “We were unable to complete your request due to a program error” or any other Photoshop error can have various causes. By the end of this article, you will know the common error messages in Adobe Photoshop and how to fix Photoshop error messages.
Steps to Fix Common Error Messages in Photoshop
Some of the common errors and fixes are listed below. Follow the troubleshooting steps to fix Photoshop errors
How to Fix “Photoshop was unable to complete your request due to a program error”
Error message: “ We were unable to complete your request due to a program error ”
Causes: The reason for this error could be due to Photoshop preference, image file extension, or generator plugin. Methods to fix this error are mentioned below
See Also: Adobe Photoshop CC 2023
1. Change the image file extension
Photoshop will not be able to read it if the file is not saved with the appropriate extension. Changing the file extension is an easy method to fix this issue. By doing this, it is easier for the application to identify and open the image file. Navigate to the location where the file was saved and rename the file with a suitable extension, such as .psd, .jpeg, or .png. Make sure you don’t make mistakes or retype the extension, for example -, jpeg jpg, .jgp, etc.
2. Disable generator
- Open the Photoshop application
- Click the Edit drop-down menu, select the Preferences
- Select the Plugins tab, uncheck the ‘ Enable Generator ‘ check box and click OK
- Finally, restart the Photoshop application and check if the problem is fixed.
Reset Photoshop Preferences
- Press and hold Windows + R
- Type %AppData% and press Enter. This will take you to the AppData directory.
- There, navigate to Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CSx/Adobe Photoshop Settings/ directory.
- Once you’re there, move the Adobe Photoshop CS6 Prefs.psp and Adobe Photoshop CS6 X64 Prefs.psp files to your desktop.
- Now, restart your computer and open Photoshop. Ensure to reset Photoshop preferences with this action.
How to fix “Error 1” in Adobe Photoshop
Error message: Uninstall and reinstall product “Error 1”
Causes: Due to corrupted files, incomplete installation, or malware infection, you might have encountered this error.
- Uninstall and reinstall the application
Due to incomplete installation, the Photoshop application may not be working properly. One way to fix this issue is to uninstall the app and reinstall it. Ensure that you completely install the application with all necessary system files.
- Fix corrupted PSD file
If the PSD file is corrupted, opening it in Photoshop will be difficult. By fixing the corrupt or broken PSD file, you will be able to open the application. However, the only way to fix the corrupted file is by utilizing a reliable PSD file repair tool.
One of the most likely causes of Photoshop errors is PSD corruption. A corrupted PSD file would mean a lot of wasted effort. With a reliable PSD repair tool like Remo Repair PSD by your side, you can take advantage of repairing PSD files created on any version of PS. The powerful repair algorithm and read-only mechanism ensure not only the repair accuracy but also the security of the original PSD file.