eDiscovery software improves your ability to search through information efficiently. Instead of sifting through boxes stacked high, highlighters, and written indices, you can search through documents by keywords, dates, or other data. It’s time-saving and cost-effective.
Recognizes patterns & redacts sensitive information automatically
eDiscovery software is a software tool that enables companies to search through and review data. It can identify patterns and redact sensitive information automatically. The software can also expand the redactions to related documents. Propagation is an efficient way to redact duplicate documents and provides consistency throughout the document review process.
- eDiscovery software also allows you to sanitize and redact sensitive information. Instead of removing whole pages of data, it allows you to select individual words or sentences. It also flags system or errored files for redaction. This can help you save time and reduce the risk of errors.
- The best eDiscovery software also has a scale-able architecture, allowing you to scale up and down as your needs change. It can be deployed on-premise or in the cloud, and combines many advanced search options to make complex searches. Some eDiscovery tools even support artificial intelligence (AI) for automated data review. These tools are also HIPAA-compliant.
- The financial services industry deals with enormous amounts of sensitive data. Many documents contain personally identifiable information, such as credit card numbers and account numbers. It is essential to comply with data privacy regulations. Inadvertent disclosure of this information can lead to costly sanctions. Fortunately, automated pattern detection and redaction technology can help avoid these problems.
- Aside from allowing you to search for patterns in documents, the best eDiscovery software can also enable you to view all of your eDiscovery projects on one central platform. This makes it easier to spot overlapping projects and set aside documents for use in another jurisdiction. This functionality is particularly important for financial services companies, where production to one regulator often leads to similar productions for another.
- The financial services industry faces increased legal scrutiny around the globe. As a result, they need to comply with more regulations than any other industry. This may mean that they must quickly analyze communication data including emails, text messages, and social media. To meet these deadlines, sophisticated eDiscovery software is essential. By automating the process, you can ensure compliance with the law.
- Standard eDiscovery software can also help you identify and redact confidential information automatically. By performing keyword searches, eDiscovery software can find potentially privileged information. This can include phone numbers, names, and dates of birth. Other features can be configured to look for attorney-client privilege or protected health information.
It is easy to access from different locations
eDiscovery software is a cloud-based solution that allows you to access the data from anywhere. It can process over 450 types of files and handle up to 15 TB of data per day globally. Its AI-powered search tools can quickly identify outliers and patterns in documents. The software also allows you to visually review search results and easily redact sensitive information. Its advanced security certifications meet HIPAA requirements.
eDiscovery software is designed to make it easy for attorneys to find relevant information. Previously, attorneys would have to sift through paper documents to find the pertinent information. By using software, attorneys can quickly access documents from different locations and create new file types for litigation. It has been in use in court cases since 2005.
It allows users to access and review productions with a click. In addition, eDiscovery software allows for collaborative work to help build winning cases. It is based on EDRM principles and speeds up the traditional discovery process. It also comes with zero hosting and import fees.
eDiscovery software also helps in searching through electronic documents. It provides results in batches and allows users to create queries based on keywords, metadata, and other criteria. It can also automatically identify privileged or important records. It allows users to create tags for easy filtering.
eDiscovery software also makes it easy to share files. It makes it easy to collaborate with other team members and review data. Its feature-rich platform allows users to access the files from different locations. Moreover, users can share the files through link.
It is cost-effective
When it comes to eDiscovery costs, there are many factors that should be considered. If the case is highly data-intensive, the costs can easily reach the seven or eight-figure mark. Samsung, for example, was required to produce 3.6 terabytes of data in a patent infringement lawsuit. This resulted in a cost of $13.1 million. The company had to pay licensing fees that averaged hundreds of dollars per gigabyte, as well as paying reviewer training. This is not even counting the cost of document review.
eDiscovery Software solutions come in many different forms, including software for storing, organizing, and analyzing electronic information. Many of these solutions can be deployed on-premise, in the cloud, or on-premises. They are also flexible and can be customized to fit an organization’s needs.
eDiscovery requires high-performance systems. These systems are often integrated with traditional IT, and must be monitored and maintained. Some companies have dedicated eDiscovery environments, equipped with the same architectures as full-on IT environments. Because of the increasing number of data-sets, systems-level requirements, and heavy demands on people, eDiscovery costs are increasing.
Different companies offer different pricing plans. Some are cheaper than others, but it depends on which features your organization needs. Some companies offer a free version for limited purposes, while others charge monthly fees based on gigabytes. The most expensive is the desktop version. A hosted subscription is a more affordable option, as it includes training and matter migration.
It is time-saving
eDiscovery Software can save time and money by streamlining the review process of electronic data. The software allows you to browse the information on your computer in real time and remove unnecessary data that is not needed for business purposes. The software also helps you save on storage costs. It is also useful for mergers and acquisitions, and during upgrades to your hardware. It can even prepare you for potential litigation.
Save time & money
eDiscovery Software can also save you time and money in the discovery process. The discovery process can be time-consuming, expensive, and complicated. The time you save at the beginning can pay off in the end. Additionally, the ease of use of eDiscovery software has improved dramatically. Instead of being complicated, most eDiscovery products are intuitive and user-friendly.
The software also helps you mitigate the legal risk of mishandling ESI. It also meets regulatory standards and creates an audit trail. LegalTech developers have created eDiscovery applications to make the process easier and more efficient. Surveys show that almost half of lawyers are still doing discovery and research tasks manually.
eDiscovery software allows you to review documents in minutes. These programs allow you to upload documents, search for metadata classification fields, and organize them based on your needs. With these features, you can save time and money in your research, which is crucial in court cases and legal investigations.